Subject: [CCWG-ACCT] Status of summary document
From: Mathieu Weill <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:21:32 +0100
List-Id: Mailing List for the ICANN Accountability & Governance Cross Community Group <accountability-cross-community.icann.org>

Dear Colleagues,

The activity on the list has been very intense lately. As co-chairs we
would like to warmly thank all commenters on the recent documents. The
feedbacks were extremely helpful, whether on substance or format, and our
support team is working hard to take your feedback in account for the
updated version.

You will remember that a lot of concerns were raised that what the CCWG is
working on is difficult to understand for those who are not following the
groups intense work. In response to that, we have discussed and agreed we
would publish a document explaining in plain language what we are doing.
We have factored this into the agreed plan. 

At the time, we had expected to having reached consensus on all remaining
questions. As this is not the case today, we suggest flagging this
accordingly and move forward with the publication of the document, which
we would call a *Formal Update on our progress in and after the Dublin
meeting*, rather than an executive summary. 

Many of you have correctly stated that the document we shared with you is
not an executive summary due to its length. It is rather a short version
of our report without offering information on the rationale for decisions
and the genesis of our recommendation. This level of detail will be found
in our report. We have, however, added a 2 page abstract in addition to
incorporating a plethora of your suggestions to make this document
accurate, more accessible and shorter.

To be clear: 

The document that we are planning to issue on Nov 15 is designed to update
the community on the progress we have made during and after ICANN 54. Its
goal is to raise awareness of where we are, what our proposals are, so
that outreach can start and consideration of our final report (announced
for Nov 30th) can take place in a shorter time frame. 

While the content of the document would reflect the positions of our
group, closing outstanding issues is not a requirement before issuing this
formal update. Outstanding issues will be flagged as such. What is needed
is a high level summary, as well as some level of detail regarding the
topics we made progress on in Dublin : decision making, sole designator
model, budget, individual director removal, and human rights.

Our public comment period will then focus on soliciting feedback on these
changes in order to avoid the duplication of efforts for commenters on
areas of our report that already enjoyed broad support. 

With the full report, we will offer the opportunity to publish minority
statements. 

We do hope that you find these clarifications and suggestions helpful. We
will circulate the next version of the Update within the next 12 hours,
and the discussion of the document will be on the agenda of our call on
Friday 13 November, at 6.00 UTC.

Many thanks again to all of you for your continued commitment. 

Thomas, Leon and Mathieu

Co-chairs

  _____  

_______________________________________________
Accountability-Cross-Community mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/accountability-cross-community