Subject: Re: [Cyrillicgp] F2F meeting - Istanbul, 25 Nov - further info
From: "Sarmad Hussain" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:36:57 +0100

Dear All,

Let's use the attached consolidated excel sheet as a starting point.  It
lists all the code points allowed by MSR-2.  

I have added columns which we eventually need to fill in.  This requires
following tasks:

1.      For each code point, list the language (including EGIDS #) which
requires the code point to be included. 

a.      This will also require giving an argument and a reference in support
of the code point.  For example, if the code point is used in a second level
IDN table, that is a possible argument in support.  However, please note
that having a code point included at the second level may not be a
sufficient argument in itself.  For cases which are unclear, additional
independent evidence may be needed.  

2.      For each code point, determine if it is a variant of another code
point within Cyrillic script.  For this purpose, we will need to have a set
of principles which clarify what the community considers as such variants.  

3.      For each code point, determine if there are variants for related
scripts, as listed (Latin, Greek, Armenian, Georgian?).  Cross-script
variants are generally based on homoglyph relations (i.e. visually
identical).  However, we need to discuss how we will finalize these.  

Following the agenda circulated by Dusan (see the trailing email), for the
meeting before lunch, I would suggest that we do:

       i.          a quick pass on 1. above to list code points which should
be included (and mark those code points currently excluded), then

      ii.          use the code points included to do the analysis for 3.
above (columns H-K in the excel sheet attached).   We do it this in the
order (simple to complex cases): 

a.      Georgian?

b.      Armenian (also see analysis done by Armenian script GP)

c.      Greek

d.      Latin

Again, we should limit analysis to exact match at this time (though we can
identify close to exact match cases separately for any further
consideration).  

We will take up 1. and 2. above in detail during the session after lunch.

Please see the data in the Dropbox folder a F2F meeting Istanbul 25 Nov 16.

 

Regards,
Sarmad

 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Sarmad Hussain
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eric Evrard <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Cyrillicgp] F2F meeting - Istanbul, 25 Nov - further info

Dear All,  

Please connect using the following link and information for the meeting on
25 November.  We plan to start at 9am Istanbul time.

How to connect:

Link to Adobe Connect:  <https://participate.icann.org/idn/>
https://participate.icann.org/idn/ 

*Upon logging into Adobe Connect, a pop up window will provide you the
option to Dial Out to your Phone.  Enter your Phone Number* (Remember to
change the Country Code if needed).

After joining the call, as a courtesy to others and the presenters, please
MUTE your phone.  This can be done by selecting *6 on your keypad.  To
UNMUTE select *6 again.

If you are Unable to log into Adobe Connect and can only join via phone:

<https://www.myrcplus.com/cnums.asp?bwebid=8369444&ppc=1064158692&num=1-719-
457-1414>
https://www.myrcplus.com/cnums.asp?bwebid=8369444&ppc=1064158692&num=1-719-4
57-1414

Participant Passcode: 1064158692

Regards,
Sarmad

 

From: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dusan Stojicevic
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:12 PM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Subject: [Cyrillicgp] F2F meeting - Istanbul, 25 Nov - further info

Dear all, 

F2F meeting of Cyrillic GP will be organized in Istanbul, on 25th November.

Venue: ICANN hub in Istanbul

AGENDA>

09.00 - 13.00 

Work on items 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 from our working plan defined in our
Proposal...

This includes: analysis of the National Cyrillic Alphabet to identify cases
of confusion Code Points relative to the Latin, Greek  and other Scripts
(Georgian, Armenian). We have prepared document (by Dmitry K) as a set of
Code Point which we will be use. Also, we have a lot of work done from
Dmitry B. and we will include his work. 

Output: Preparation of consolidated confusion tables in form of the summary
table for Cyrillic scripts

Working method: we will decide how to work on site, on the basis of work
already done and regarding the number of in situ participants. One coffee
break included.

During this session the role of chairman of the session will be in Sarmad
hand. 

13.00 - 14.00

Lunch

14.00 - 20.00

Work on items 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, and 3.1 from our working plan defined in
our Proposal...

This includes: Based on the confusion tables, building two documents listed
bellow in Output, and Analysis for Whole Label Rules Rules (if any).

Output: 

-        summary document on Code Points of Cyrillic Scripts which should be
included, excluded or deferred (as basis for Label Generation Ruleset - LGR)
for TLD labels

-        summary document on Variants

Working method: we will decide how to work on site, on the basis of work
already done and regarding the number of in situ participants. One coffee
break included.

During this work the role of chairman of the session will be on me. 

 

20.00 - .

Dinner. 

Backup day is 26th November, in the morning.

Outcome: goal is to finish final report, which will be sent to the list for
further discussion. 

Online participation is possible via Adobe Connect (ICANN people will send
us details on time). 

Other Instructions:

In the new created Dropbox folder (F2F meeting) you can find tables,
repertoire and some of the work that have been done during the past.

Explanations of added files in this folder, are in README:TXT.

Please, add all docs of importance, if you think I have missed some.

If you have problems of connecting to Dropbox, please write to the list.

Online resources:

MSR-2 -
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/msr-2-non-cjk-13apr15-en.pdfž[ic
ann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_syste
m_files_files_msr-2D2-2Dnon-2Dcjk-2D13apr15-2Den.pdf-26-23382-3B&d=DgMFBA&c=
FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdg
yyLm-mxd028M4&m=EsUixSbAoCoUJJ02gj5C3rrL4_Ox2Uh_HbzFnsBlD4U&s=dW8SR5cI6HAuQD
PFycchdi1Pp71TQ5vRYxc_fr_3okI&e=> 

Proposal... -
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/cyrillic-script-lgr-proposal-10d
ec15-en.pdf[icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_syste
m_files_files_cyrillic-2Dscript-2Dlgr-2Dproposal-2D10dec15-2Den.pdf&d=DgMFBA
&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZB
vdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=EsUixSbAoCoUJJ02gj5C3rrL4_Ox2Uh_HbzFnsBlD4U&s=R_3FcqaerbZ
bUMBuOhXzcn4Mec_ksXta9G9qgVsTl8w&e=> 

About CGP -
https://community.icann.org/display/croscomlgrprocedure/Cyrillic+Script+GP[c
ommunity.icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_di
splay_croscomlgrprocedure_Cyrillic-2BScript-2BGP&d=DgMFBA&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwl
l3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=
EsUixSbAoCoUJJ02gj5C3rrL4_Ox2Uh_HbzFnsBlD4U&s=NarCxXdjiyLJcz4lqZU0k8cIEX_S87
YaxTzmAUXfgEE&e=> 

Russian languages -
http://web-corpora.net/wsgi3/minorlangs/view/overall[web-corpora.net]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__web-2Dcorpora.net_wsgi3
_minorlangs_view_overall&d=DgMFBA&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I
5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=EsUixSbAoCoUJJ02gj5C3rrL
4_Ox2Uh_HbzFnsBlD4U&s=iYkem5T6KTur988iETgsFP5fQDNOpX4-mTbiL3ahIr4&e=> 

Also feel free to add/share the links.

Cheers,

Dusan