Subject: [liaison6c] Draft Schedule related to GNSO Council and Task Force/Working group meetings in Sao Paulo
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: liaison6c <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:14:43 +0100

[To: liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org; council[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: gtld-council[at]gnso.icann.org; pdp-pcceg-feb06[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: gnso-dow123[at]gnso.icann.org; [email-masked]]

Dear All,

Attached please find a draft schedule that is specifically related to 
GNSO constituency and task force meetings that will take place in Sao Paulo.

Please let me know if you would like to add other details.
As the names of the rooms become available the schedule will be updated.

Please let me know if you intend to participate remotely.

Some useful information:
Internet Connectivity: The Internet connection in the Transamerica hotel
http://www.icannsaopaulo.br/local.htm
rooms is wired and is free to participants of the meeting.  Wireless is
available in the meeting rooms and common areas of the hotel.

Registration: You will need to go to the registration desk, present 
picture identification and have your picture taken for your badge.  You 
will need to be wearing your badge to enter the meeting area.  This 
procedure is being followed at the recommendation of the local host in 
order to provide the best security possible to the meeting participants. 
  Your badge will contain a picture and a bar code - the badge will be 
scanned each time you enter the meeting area to make sure that the 
picture on the badge matches your smiling face.  All registration 
information including the pictures will be provided to ICANN at the end 
of the meeting - the local host will not retain any of this information.

Power:  Most outlets have both 110 and 220 power and are labeled. 
Please be aware of what power is required for the device you are 
plugging in to the socket.  Most laptops are multi volt and will be fine 
on either 110 or 220, but some devices such as cameras, cell phones 
might not be multi-volt.

Some tips: The blue and red taxis are radio taxis and are legitimate and 
safe.  You can have the hotel call a taxi for you - if you are going to 
a restaurant, have the restaurant call a taxi before you leave the 
restaurant.  Keep the windows in the taxi closed and put your personal 
possessions such as luggage or laptops in the trunk of the taxi where 
they cannot be seen by passersby.  There will be a desk in the main 
meeting area to help arrange for meeting participants to go shopping,
make reservations for dinner, arrange cars and guides.  As always, do 
not leave your personal items unattended, even in the meeting area or 
workrooms - this goes for laptops, phones, cameras, mp3 players, etc. 
Valuables should be left in the safe in your hotel room and not taken 
with you out of the meeting venue.  Copies of credit cards and your 
passport should be made and kept in a separate location from the 
original documents.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Glen

-- 
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN
gnso.secretariat[at]gnso.icann.org
http://gnso.icann.org