Subject: FW: [icann-staff] Liz Dengate Thrush Internet Entrepreneurship Foundation
From: "Diane Schroeder" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:21:30 -0700

FYI

Diane

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Kim Davies
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [icann-staff] Liz Dengate Thrush Internet Entrepreneurship
Foundation

Liz Dengate Thrush Internet Entrepreneurship Foundation

Objective:
To award funding grants for use in practical educational advancement of
individuals in Internet Entrepreneurship

Reason:
To assist in recognising the progress made, and desire for further progress,
by Liz Dengate Thrush, to improve the awareness and understanding of
Internet technologies, and how to utilise the Internet for the improvement
of education, entrepreneurship and engagement, with a particular emphasis in
ameliorating digital divide issues

[Forwarded from Keith Davidson --kim]

Process:
To work through an establishment process as follows:
.         Appointment of administrator(s) by Peter Dengate Thrush and
InternetNZ
.         Partnership with NZ Law Foundation, Women in Technology or
similar organisation
.         Development of detailed criteria for the foundation

Finance:
Initial funding grant by InternetNZ of $20,000 per year for 3 years, and
general request for contributions and donations to this fund to the
international Internet community.

Rationale:
The devastating and tragic deaths of Liz Dengate Thrush, her father-in-law
(Ron Thrush), brother-in-law (Gavin Thrush) and family friend Heather Taylor
occurred in a car accident in Wellington on 24 June 2006.

As a tribute to Liz Dengate Thrush, who was an InternetNZ Councillor for
several years, InternetNZ wishes to assist in the establishment of a
Foundation as outlined above. We have consulted with Peter Dengate Thrush,
and will continue dialogue to ensure the Foundation evolves in line with
Liz's philosophies and enthusiasm for Internet technologies.

InternetNZ will provide a $20,000 cash donation to help establish the
foundation, and we invite members of the broader Internet community to also
consider making a donation to this cause. Your support will help ensure that
some of Liz's favourite projects can be completed.

Your Support:
If you do wish to support the establishment of this foundation, please
either register at www.internetnz.net.nz/Liz. For any further information or
clarification please email [email-masked].