Subject: [liaison6c] Marrakesh GNSO Public Forum - please share with constituency members
From: Denise Michel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:57:21 -0700

The GNSO Public Forum, scheduled for12:30-15:30, on Tuesday, 27 June in 
the Salle des Ministres, will be an important opportunity for you to 
provide comments on key policy issues pending in the GNSO 
<http://icann.org/meetings/marrakech/gnso-forum-27jun06.htm>.  The GNSO 
Council is eager to receive your comments on the following issues, which 
will be addressed in Tuesday's forum:

- Introduction of new gTLDs - the GNSO will discuss and receive public 
comments on its initial report on new gTLD policy 
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/gtld-council/msg00144.html>.

- WHOIS services and providing public access to data on registered 
domain names - the GNSO will discuss and receive public comments on its 
current work on what data collected should be available for public 
access in the context of the purpose of WHOIS, and how to access data 
that is not available for public access 
<http://icann.org/topics/whois-services/>.

- Policy work on contractual conditions for existing gTLDs - the GNSO 
will discuss and receive public comments on its preliminary task force 
report <http://forum.icann.org/lists/pdp-pcceg-feb06/msg00085.html>.

- Policy work on internationalised domain names -  the GNSO will provide 
an update and receive public comments on its ongoing work, including the 
issues report by the GNSO working group and activities of the joint 
GNSO-ccNSO working group 
<http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg02464.html>.

In addition to providing comments and asking questions during the 
forum's open microphone sessions, the forum will be scribed and web cast 
to allow for remote participation.  Comments and questions also can be 
emailed to <[email-masked]>.

Regards,

Denise Michel
Vice President, Policy Development
ICANN
[email-masked]