Subject: Re: [At-Large] Moderation of Jeff Williams - ICANN - Jefsey
From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Bill Silverstein <[email-masked]>, GAC Rep <[email-masked]>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <[email-masked]>, Dominik Filipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:44:08 -0700

JFC and all,

  ROFLMAO!  How incessantly paranoid!  You seed far too much
credit to me, and far too less to reality. Besides I am only a messenger.
So why shoot the messenger.  What is important is the message(s).
And indeed there is little or no difference between what is relevant
to the Internet, especially DNS, and what is relevant to ICANN.
Such was certainly not my idea, but ICANN's circa 1999.

JFC Morfin wrote:

> At 08:49 09/08/2008, Bill Silverstein wrote:
> >Many of his recent comments have been relevant to the internet
> >community, but not to the issues of ICANN.
>
> Would you mean there would be a difference ?
>
> jfc
>
> PS. I had actually two reasons to question Beau :
>
> - to understand if he was genuine when asking what non-American
> really think about ICANN the biaised way he did (most do not mind the
> USG, they mind the "stakholder"'s dominance). As several others, for
> 8 years, I try to understand who "Jeff Willians" really _are_, what
> is exactly their role and the wheight they carry in the Internet
> community, who pays and inform them, who support or use them. This is
> why I am always interested in the activists who are serious about
> Jeff Williams, resurecting them once they have been dealt with, and
> being unnecessarily rude (a way increase the attention).
>
> - to help ALAC to get real. If their mechanic cannot cope with "Jeff
> Williams" there is a bug or a civilization issue : who is to be the
> reference - the mechanic or the person. This is very important : if
> ALAC choses to protect instead of improve the mechanic while the WSIS
> consensus (including the USA) said that the Information Society had
> to be "people centered, à charactère humain, centrada en la persona",
> then we definitly know on which side people are to be.
>
> Let get real. If ALAC wants to be/stay as a stable community helper,
> it must able to survive scores of Jeff Williams, from 200 national
> ALAC communities in 250 languages. This means considering a similar
> approach to ISOC which consider an adequate relational tool. It must
> also consider an adequate structural architecture. The whole ICANN
> problem everyone can observe through the IIC issue is the one that
> the French GAC VP asked Peter Dungate Trush :
> - you say that ICANN's structure adequately survived the last 10
> years and has just to be consolidated.
> - some do not think it was adequate.
> - how do you know that a centralized American English ASCII oriented
> structure would be adequate to a Multilingual distributed Internet.
>
> If ALAC wants to really help ICANN, it must first to become "Jeff
> Williams Proof" in English, then in French, in Chinese, and in 250
> national languages (ISO 3166) and then in 30.000 geolingual
> environments (ISO 639-6 - LS640).
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> At-Large mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/at-large_atlarge-lists.icann.org
>
> At-Large Official Site: http://atlarge.icann.org

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail
[email-masked]
My Phone: 214-244-4827